#7 Introduction Mini CAL
‘‘Manon, can you come up with a fun CAL?’ That’s a question I’ve heard a lot during the four years I’ve been working for Yarn and Colors
. Anyway, I’m not really a CAL kind of person, so up until now it never really happened… I just didn’t get excited about it. But when our team started brainstorming and we came up with this idea, I was absolutely thrilled! YES! My head was working overtime. I was thinking about this CAL almost 24/7, that’s how excited I was!
Expect something cool, something Yarn and Color
-ish, something mini, something original, something unique for a CAL. For ten weeks we’ll release a free pattern on Monday. We’ll post the pattern on our social media channels, but it will also be available in two languages on our blog page. What it is? We won’t tell you, you’ll have to wait till next Monday to find out….
In this blog we’ll provide you with all the information you need to crochet along. You can read all about it in the ‘Good to know’ section. Will you read along? Materials
Good to know
- Yarn and Colors Must-Have Mini in colors
- 006 Taupe
- 007 Cigar
- 010 Vanilla
- 012 Lemon
- 014 Sunflower
- 016 Cantaloupe
- 020 Orange
- 030 Red Wine
- 031 Cardinal
- 033 Raspberry
- 034 Deep Cerise
- 042 Peach
- 043 Pearl
- 051 Plum
- 059 Dark Blue
- 060 Navy Blue
- 078 Bottle
- 082 Grass
- 083 Peridot
- 087 Amazon
- 102 Marble
- Yarn and Colors Panda Stuffing 250 gr.
- Yarn and Colors 2.5 mm crochet hook
- Darning needle
- Yarn and Colors Tiny scissors
- Stitch marker
- Optional: dark brown marker, pink blush
- This CAL requires basic knowledge of amigurumi crochet techniques.
- Everyone has a different tension. One Must-Have Mini should be enough for 1 item, but it depends on your tension whether you’ll have enough yarn left to make another larger item.
- Work in continuous rounds, unless stated otherwise.
- Repeat everything between * * as much as indicated at the end with “x …”.
- The number between parentheses after the round indicates the total number of stitches in that round.
- It might be handy to use a stitch marker in the first stitch of the round. This will make it easier to count the stitches.
- Color changes look best when making the last pull through of a stitch in the new color. Continue working with the new color after this.
- Stuff the items as you go. It’s up to you to decide when the pattern best allows stuffing your item. The pattern doesn’t specify when to do so.
Stitches and abbreviations
mr = magic ring
ch = chain
sc = single crochet
sc-blo = single crochet back loop only
sl st = slip stitch
sl st blo = slip stitch back loop only
hdc = half double crochet
hdc-blo = half double crochet back loop only
dc = double crochet
dc-blo = double crochet back loop only
tr = treble crochet
st = stitch
sc2tog = single crochet 2 together
Now you know everything you need to know to crochet along, so what are you waiting for? Order your kit (21 color Must-Have Mini
, Yarn and Colors
2,5mm crochet hook and a Yarn and Colors
Tiny scissors), get ready, and stay tuned for our Instagram post next Monday.
We can’t wait to get started! Can you?
We would love to see your work! Use #musthaveminiCAL
on social media, so we’ll be able to find your posts.
The items are not suitable for children under three years.