Introduction Must-Have Mini CAL 2
After the overwhelming success of last summer’s fruity Must-Have Mini CAL
we knew a second edition was inevitable. I knew I had to get to work, so I (happily) picked up my crochet hook and came up with a brand-new CAL.
Last time we saw that the phrase ‘more is more’ was highly relevant. The more fruits of one kind were made, the more beautiful it was. The fruit bowls in the final contest were overflowing, and yummy – that was delicious! So we opted to not only work with our Must-Have Mini’s again, but to go bigger and work with Must-Have too.
But what will it be…? Will we stick to vitamin rich foods? Or will we go for something a little less healthy? I’m not telling anything yet! I’ve worked up 8 designs which we’ll be sharing every Monday for free on this blog.
We’re providing you with all the information you need to crochet along in advance, just like we did for our last CAL. Will you read along? Materials
Good to know
- Yarn and Colors Must-Have (Mini) in colors
- 001 White
- 002 Cream
- 004 Birch
- 006 Taupe
- 007 Cigar
- 009 Limestone
- 010 Vanilla
- 014 Sunflower
- 015 Mustard
- 019 Sorbus
- 033 Raspberry
- 054 Grape
- 081 Lettuce
- 082 Grass
- 083 Peridot
- 087 Amazon
- 102 Marble
- Yarn and Colors Panda Stuffing 250 gr.
- Crochet hook 2.5 mm
- Darning needle
- Stitch marker
- Optional make-up bronzer
- This CAL requires basic knowledge of amigurumi crochet techniques.
- Everyone has a different tension. Depending on your tension, there might be a slight difference in size between your items and the sample ones I made. Work in continuous rounds, unless states otherwise.
- Repeat everything between * * as much as indicated at the end with “x …”.
- The number between parentheses after the round indicates the total number of stitches in that round.
- It might be handy to use a stitch marker in the first stitch of the round. This will make it easier to count the stitches.
- Color changes look best when making the last pull through of a stitch in the new color. Continue working with the new color after this.
- Stuff the items as you go with Yarn and Colors Panda Stuffing. It’s up to you to decide when the pattern best allows stuffing your item. The pattern doesn’t specify when to do so. I usually start stuffing in a row with 12 sc. The pattern specifies when you don’t need to add stuffing.
- You can use all of the colors used in a week’s design, unless stated otherwise. We will explicitly state when a color will be used again later in the CAL.
Stitches and abbreviations
mr = magic ring
ch = chain
sc = single crochet
sc-blo = single crochet back loop only
sl st = slip stitch
sl st-blo = slip stitch back loop only
hdc = half double crochet
hdc-blo = half double crochet back loop only
dc = double crochet
dc-blo = double crochet back loop only
tr = treble crochet
dtr = double treble crochet
st = stitch
2tog = crochet 2 stitches together
bo = bobbel stitch
Now you know everything you need to know to crochet along with us again, so what are you waiting for? You know the drill! Order your kit, get your tools ready and wait for our Instagram post next Monday. We’ll publish the blog posts at 4pm CEST like last time!
We can’t wait to get started again! Can you?
We would love for you to share your work with us! Use #MustHaveMiniCAL
on the socials, so we can find your posts. The # is filled with all your beautiful creation! Go and have a look… We hope you will participate as enthusiastically in this CAL as you did in the last CAL. Your response has been heartwarming!
Hope you’ll have a good time with all the preparations!
The items are not suitable for children under three years.